GOALS FOR THE FUTURE
Hey everyone! For this blog I wanted to let people know a bit more about me, and what my goals are for the future. I’m not sure why I came up with this idea, but I thought it would be cool to share some of my aspirations and reflect on some things I want to do sooner or later! Most of them are dance related because it’s really the only thing I do, but there may be some others that are just for me.
Here are some of the things I want to do:
- A dream of mine would be to go to America again, particularly California. I absolutely loved it last time, and it would be so cool to take some classes at all of the amazing studios there and learn from some incredible choreographers. There are so many people that I idolise that live there and dance there, so I would really love to just go back and take in the culture again.
- Travel a little bit. I would love to go to Europe and see the snow, or maybe to Indonesia or Malaysia!
- More dance teaching is another goal, because at the moment I am a student teacher and I’m pretty much obsessed with it. Something about being in front of the kids and helping them achieve their own dance goals is so rewarding, and the teachers at LEA are always so amazing, and I want to keep that going throughout the studio.
- Doing some sort of professional work as a dancer. Miss Lauren has told us about so many of her experiences working in the dance world, like working at Disneyland (wow!) It’s inspired me to try and do something similar.
- See a Broadway show. Another thing that I’m obsessed with is musical theatre. I love acting, dancing and singing and seeing a show on Broadway would be a surreal experience.
- Try pointe shoes in ballet. I take senior ballet at LEA and we are starting at ‘Intermediate Foundation’ level. I really like it, it’s helped me so much with my technique and going on pointe would be super cool. I know it takes hard work but if I’m really determined I think I could get there.
So that’s a little bit about me and some things I would love to do in the future. Hopefully this gave you a little bit of insight into why I love dance so much and why I want to keep doing it! Keep up the hard work everyone!
Miss Caitlin xx